22 Eylül 2009 Salı

Questions & Answers during Speaking (Part III A - Present Situation [Student])

16. Are you a student or do you have a job? ( 5 - 8 )
I am a student at the moment. I am studying English on a full-time basis at a Language School here . We have classes in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings. Wednesday afternoons we are off, and are allowed to go swimming at a nearby hotel. We have a number of foreign teachers who assist us in the correct pronunciation and grammar of the language.

16. Are you a student or do you have a job? ( 5 - 8 )
I have a job. I am working in a workshop of a large manufacturing plant at the moment. I graduated from high school two years ago, and went to work immediately. I am an assistant to one of the automotive electricians in the workshop. I have to assist my artisan in getting his jobs done. For instance, I have the responsibility to see that are the tools are in good order, and that the workshop is always kept clean and tidy.


17. What do you like most about your studies? ( 5 - 8 )
Well, I guess the speaking part. Please allow me to explain. Language is all about communication. So when I am able to communicate with someone in English, I feel that I have achieved something. I particularly like our free talk sessions with the foreign teachers. It gives me the opportunity to question them about their countries and cultures.

18. What is your major? ( 5 - 8 )
As I have been studying on a full-time basis at an English Language School, we have only one subject, namely English for Academic Purposes called EAP. We do reading and writing, practical speaking, and listening by means of cassettes. English is the language of the future, especially in the business world. What I mean to say is that when I am able to communicate well in English I will not only be able to go and study abroad and improve my qualifications, but also have mastered a very necessary tool for my future career.

19. Which is the best university in your country? ( 5 - 8 )
Thats an interesting question. Allow me to explain my personal view by shortly mentioning the following points: I believe that the xxx University is the best University in the country. For example, it has the highest percentage of students passing their courses of all the universities in my country.

20. Describe your study habits? ( 5 - 8 )
I have well established study habits. For example, I always start promptly at eight in the evenings. I study for two hours, have a ten-minute break, and the study for another two hours. I follow this habit from Mondays to Fridays, but over the weekends I put in more hours. For example, I study in the mornings and afternoons, and then take the evenings off to relax with my family or friends.

21. Do you think your present subjects are relevant? ( 5 - 8 )
Yes. Allow me to explain myself by shortly mentioning the following points: Firstly, we often use case studies in class. What I mean is that the professor gives us examples from real life to examine and report on. Secondly, our lecturers and some advisors from the relevant industries have set up our study material. What I mean to say is that the people who we are going to work for one day have had the opportunity to tell the university what they think we should be taught.

22. What kind of job would you prefer after graduation? ( 5 - 8 )
I would like to become a medical doctor. Please allow me to explain. Firstly, I would like to render a service in the community to which I will eventually belong. For example, I would like to assist the elderly that do not have the financial means to afford private hospitals.

23. What are your job prospects? ( 5 - 8 )
I am planning to become a Hotel Manager. Please allow me to explain. Firstly, I believe that the hotel industry will be growing greatly in future. For example, people are becoming more affluent, and spend more and more of their money on holidays. In addition, I believe that after graduating I will be able to find a good job anywhere in the world. What I mean to say is that all hotels and resorts have the same objectives irrespective of where they are situated. Their aim is to ensure that their guests have a good time and return again.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder